The Field Engineer is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
· Support services for Microsoft and Apple related technologies: Windows Server, Apple OSX, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
· Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
· Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
· Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
· System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
· Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
· Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
· Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
· Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
· Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
· Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
· Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
· Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
· Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
· Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
· Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
· Diagnosis skills of technical issues
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
· Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
· Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
· Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Apply through Indeed.com or by emailing email@example.com